Skip to main content

The "YESMAN"

Until a week ago...

Me: Lets go to cafeteria, I am hungry
Mrig: Bas ye ek bug katam karlu, phir chelenge.
Me: You always have something to do only when I am hungry
Mrig: Bas dho minute ha, main atahu tumare desk pe..

To present..

Location : Our office cafeteria..
Actors: Me and Mrig
Scene: The usual (which is me munching and Mrig giving up on me after ordering me a 100th time to avoid the the thing I am eating)

Mrig: "I'll tell you something If only you promise me to not beat me unto death"
Me: I Very casually, mouthfully replied "Go ahead"
Mrig: I'm leaving.
And here ladies and gentlemen the tantrums started.
I Stopped eating samosa.
Moved away the biscuits which were in the queue next to a creamroll
Shouted "Who gave you the permission"
"Get out I am not talking to you"
Started hitting the floor with my feet like a kid who was just denied her ice-cream
Mrig: Listen yaar, please don't do this
Me: Silence.. which lasted for almost a day

Later he explained me the situation after which the respect I have for him only grew more.
I'm very very happy for him, he is going towards a better life. But let me tell you this, even if Mrig goes on a one day leave, I feel so lonely at office. He is my one-stop-shop for almost everything.

And the transformation into a YESMAN" started here.

Me: Cafeteria ? ( we've already been there 4 times)
Mrig: Sure( the 5th sure, without even a tinge of denial)

Me: Mrig, go get me so and so.
Mrig: Sure

Me: I need to sync my Zune, I need you machine
Mrig: Sure , I'll do my work later.

...this list goes on.. which means he doesn't say anything which is even in the farthest proximity of 'no' thesedays. And I'm leaving no chance of exploiting him. I need to make up for everything in less than 3 weeks :(

I'll miss him.... But this is life. And I know anyday I'll need him , he'll always be there for me :)

Good Luck Mrigyy!!! I'm glad to have met and befriended you.

Comments

  1. Wishing Mrig all the bery best!!!!, Seriously hillarious.... I was imaginging the scene and also your voice.. oh my God!!!!

    :)

    Be happy and yeah this is life, if life is a journey, ppl like him are good companions, but they have to leave at their destination.. kada!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent one. This made me smile :-)

    I can imagine mrig reading this and saying "arey yaar! tu post kiya"

    Yeah we'll miss him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keshav, yeah. :)
    But I doubt if he would read this. He forgets every second day that I own a blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks to the person who reminded you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An article from TOI - Srirangam: Gateway to Heaven

So, after a long break, the newspaper boy surprised us by delivery the newspaper(TOI) one wintry morning. The below is one of the article of that day's TOI's edition.
Srirangam: Gateway to Heaven To devotees, particularly Vaishnavites, the Ranganathaswamy temple at Srirangam near Trichy in Tamil Nadu is their sacred gateway to heaven.

Among the 108 temples in south India that are of utmost importance to Vaishnavites, Srirangam tops the list. Here, Vaishnavai saint Godha Devi is believed to have merged with the idol and attained salvation. According to legend the idol rose up from the celestial Milky Ocean. It is a large, monolithic black statue of Vishnu, reclining on Adisesha, the divine serpent. It was received by Brahma and left in his custody till Vishnu as Rama gave it to Vibheesana, the noble brother of the slain demon king Ravana.

Vibheesana wished to carry it back to Sri Lanka. Rama told him that it was not to be placed down under any circumstances. Vibheesana …

Ellen DeGeneres!

I love this woman!
She is 50 something,  dances better than a 20 something! Need I say more? Nope. Watch this!